Oktoberfest 2016

wwebner

Octoberfest 2016

Post by wwebner »

http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/exh ... w-campout/
LEAKOIL members should enter the grounds via Eastland Road where they will be directed to the VW entrance (Gate 1) and will gain FREE ADMISSION to the Oktoberfest! Non members will be directed to the public parking area and the "paid" admission gate.

Camping is free, though all who intend to camp MUST first register as members of LEAKOIL’s forum, as the forum registration list will effectively be the guest list for Volkswagon campers at the Cleveland Oktoberfest.

If for any reason, you are not on LEAKOIL’s list, you will not be admitted to camp at the event. This policy is non-negotiable and will be enforced by Oktoberfest staff.

View the full Octoberfest info here. http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/
Flamingo

Re: Octoberfest 2016

Post by Flamingo »

Just registered. I'm really looking forward to meeting all of you :-)
I don't weld. I don't fabricate. And I can't even fix most of the things I break. But I do have niche-iness to offer. You're welcome.
oktober

Post by oktober »

Labor Day weekend is just a little over a week away! As per Bill, all LEAKOIL members have been officially invited to take part in the 2016 Cleveland Oktoberfest Air-Cooled VW bus Campout over Labor Day Weekend. LEAKOIL is also scheduled to give a presentation in our Educational Building on Sun, Sept 4th at 7:30pm.

Overnight camping is permitted FRI-SUN nights, with the event running Sept 2 - Sept 5, 2016. As with last year, camping is free, firewood will be provided, and bathrooms are available adjacent the camping area. Those wishing to participate in the Car Show, can find info here (you will be able to register on site): http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/exh ... -car-show/ For more details on the campout, visit: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/exh ... w-campout/

While we aren't overbearing when it comes to camping regulations, the following rules must be adhered to. Failure to abide may result in immediate dismissal from the campout and Oktoberfest, to be determined solely at the discretion of LEAKOIL and the Cleveland Oktoberfest.
1) When driving within Oktoberfest grounds, please do so at speeds typical for any parking lot. Do not drive recklessly, and do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) Given that you are camping, the Oktoberfest understands that you will likely bring food and beverages. As a matter of discretion, and out of respect to Oktoberfest and our paying sponsors, we request that any beverages consumed during festival hours be contained in plastic cups.
3) Absolutely no firearms are permitted, and general rules of fire safety must be adhered to, both in terms of managing your campfire and any potential hazards within the campsite.
4) All dogs must be on leashes.
5) LEAKOIL members are not permitted to sell food or beverages to Oktoberfest patrons during festival hours.
6) No drugs, other than those legal for general consumption in the state of Ohio or prescribed by a doctor, are permitted.
7) LEAKOIL members must remain in the campsite area and are not permitted to roam the grounds after festival hours.
8) Treat Oktoberfest patrons courteously.
9) Vandalism of any kind will result in arrest and/or immediate expulsion.
As for Bier Garten entertainment, the Oktoberfest will feature Stone Pony and E5C4P3 (Journey tribute) Fri night, DJ Kishka, Faction and the Spazmatics on Sat, The Diamond Project (Neil Diamond tribute), Walt Sanders & the Cadillac Band (Elvis tribute), and Hard Days Night (Beatles tribute) on Sun, and The Diamond Project & Hotel California (Eagles tribute) on Mon. Other highlights include our Best Oktoberfest Microbrew Competition (feat. 18 breweries), the Sausage Autobahn, the Paulaner Traditional Musik Tent (incl. a full bar), the Hacker-Pschorr International Dance Tent, the Barley House VIP tent, our Educational Building, Restaurant Row (feat. 7 Roses, Balaton, Schmidt's of Columbus, and others), a Children's Area (feat. inflatables, ginger bread house building workshops, marionette shows, crafts, etc.), a Bavarian Shopping Village, a Glockenspiel Village showcasing our NEW Cleveland Glockenspiel (the largest Glockenspiel in the U.S., feat. a 56' wide bar) and The Milwaukee Glockenspiel, a Vintage & Antique Car Show, World Champion Sand Sculptor Carl Jara, and more! The Cleveland Oktoberfest is again presented by Paulaner--the most popular Oktoberfest beer at the Munich Oktoberfest. Hacker-Pschorr (another of only 6 breweries permitted to serve at Munich) will also be on hand. Festival hours are 4pm-midnight Fri, noon-midnight Sat & Sun, and noon-8pm Mon. For details, visit: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com.

Note: As with last year, we request that you line up your vehicles along the fence near the restroom, moving outward in rows if necessary, taking care not to block the midway. Those wishing to leave Monday morning must do so before 10:30AM, or you'll have to wait until after the conclusion of our 5K Run (benefiting the United Way), which begins at 11AM.

If you have questions regarding the campout, or the Cleveland Oktoberfest in general, feel free to contact Rich Croft at 216-650-1665 or webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you out at the 2016 Cleveland Oktoberfest!
Rich Croft, Webmaster/Board Member
Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest
webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com
http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com
Ormo

Post by Ormo »

Hey all.
Is there a formal registration for oktoberfest here in the member forum or am I unthinking this...
Please advise
Thanks
Ormo
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

You are good to go Mike.
burningbright

Post by burningbright »

Hi All,
Just registered and we can't wait to see all of you at the Berea Oktoberfest! We will be camping and bringing my '71 silver Karmann Ghia- same as last year...more good times for sure!

Sue and Russ
Six Volt

Oktoberfest 2016

Post by Six Volt »

Many thanks to Rich Croft for the hospitality and good times. Thanks to everyone who showed up Friday night. Great turnout. Here are a few pics from Friday.

I realy hate camping.

The microbrew selections were really good. They made having to listen to a Journey coverband tolerable.

I'm already awarding her the "Mom of the Year" badge.

It was great to see Howie show up!

We were at OU at the same time in the 70's.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Just a reminder our presentaion is tonite,Sunday at 7:30 in the education building.
Howie

Re: Oktoberfest 2016

Post by Howie »

Smittie's Disco Tent up and running at Full Speed.
Attachments
2016OktoFest-21.jpg
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Six Volt

Re: Oktoberfest 2016

Post by Six Volt »

A few more from Sunday.

I'll take fat Elvis over Journey anyday.

You could eat off this thing!

All we needed was Bruce and Hey Ed to show and green buses would have had to go to therapy.

Disco by night, parade by day.

Josh's split.

Oh don't worry, there were green buses.