Mohican campout 2017

Kooper271

Re: Mohican campout 2017

Post by Kooper271 »

Unfortunately my sister's graduation party is on the 10th. I hope you guys have fun!
TRL

Post by TRL »

Brandon and I want to reserve the last river site if that is still available.
The Rick Lang
Marla

Post by Marla »

I called the campground. There were still sites available in the Turkey Roost Area. I have site #13 reserved.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Here is updated map of sites. #'s 7,9,13 are reserved. There is still 1 river front site available. Contact Mike Ramsey if you want that site. Contact the campground directly for off river sites. Mike is working with the management for a discount which would be applied when you check in.
Camp Map - Turkey Roost.jpg
Twojacks

Post by Twojacks »

I will take a site also, camping alone so would like to stay close the group.
Kids might come up Sat, but I doubt it.
Marla

Post by Marla »

That's great you are making the trip Kathy. So, it looks like all of the river sites are now spoken for within the Turkey Roost area. There are still off river sites available within Turkey Roost so make your reservations by calling the campground.
It's Marla with an " L"
Twojacks

Post by Twojacks »

Marla I will be coming up from Columbus with maybe one other bus, hopefully there will be a site for us. We don't need electric.
Looking forward to it
Kathy Kern
Stark Hughes ?
Al Moore ?
Marla

Post by Marla »

Not a problem Kathy, you have the last of the river sites. The campground allows 2 vehicles per site and 4 people. If you have more people coming then they will just check in with the campground. You pay for you site when you get there. All sites in the Turkey Roost area are primitive. The sites here are pretty large, so you will have plenty of room.
It's Marla with an " L"
Twojacks

Post by Twojacks »

Thank you
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

We are about a month out Mohican 2017.

I was finally able to get in touch with someone at campground, and confirm our discount. When you register, make sure to use my last name, Ramsey, and mention LEAKOIL to receive your 10% discount.

For those that reserved the river front sites, they are reigistered under your last name, so let them know at registration. Once again the people that reserved sites were:

Kern, Antz/Lang, Frank, Toth, and Spence.
You will pay the campground directly at check in.

Chuck has been working tirelessly to find us a new point of interest this year.

We will still be doing the Friday night "wine and cheese" (beer and chips?), but have opted not to do the Mohican tavern this year. We were thinking instead, we can do a lunch time potluck of sorts. We can have a dedicated tent area for eating, maybe smoke some chickens and park butt, and it wouldn't be an official event without the hot dog roller. Let me know if anybody is interested and we can hash out details.

Couple things of note.
-You need to fill out and sign release at check in. You can save yourself some time and print it at home, and bring completed registration at check in.
- bring quarters if you want to shower. If I recall correctly 25 cents buys you a fairly long hot shower. Stalls are clean, doors look gross
-air fresheners and sprays. If you can bring some, it would be advantageous. The rest room closest to camp area can get "fragrant" if it gets warm.
-last year they had an ice cream truck that went around. Bring your dollar.

Finally, if you are interested in doing any of the myriad of activities they have, the camp grounds recommends reserving a spot at check in.

Look forward to seeing everyone there. If you plan on attending, post a reply so we can get a rough idea of who, and how many are coming.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.