Mohican campout 2017

wwebner

Mohican campout 2017

Post by wwebner »

Save the date. June 9 & 10. We will return to Mohican wilderness.
http://www.mohicanwilderness.com/index.php

Watch here for more info in coming weeks.
Flamingo

Re: Mohican campout 2017

Post by Flamingo »

Awesome! Can't wait!
I don't weld. I don't fabricate. And I can't even fix most of the things I break. But I do have niche-iness to offer. You're welcome.
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Hard to believe it's been almost a year, and this will be here before we know it

Same spiel as last year.

Reservations have been made for Mohican Misadventures 2017.

Mohican Wilderness is the campground. The dates will be June 9-11, and are listed on the calendar.

This place has a lot of activities, Canoes, horseback, biking etc. There is not a group area per se, but individual campsites. We have reserved a section at "turkey roost". There are 20 total sites in that area, we currently have the river sites reserved. After (if) we fill up those, people within the group can reserve the other sites in that area, or any where in the campground. I am still working on getting a group discount.

If you would like to reserve one of the 5 remaining river sites please respond to this thread, or get in touch with me, either through text, call or PM. We will keep a running tally of who reserved what in the following post. I ask that if you do reserve a site, that you attend, as the deposit has already been paid. You will reserve with us, but pay the campground directly, for the river sites. after that, or if you want a different location, you will reserve with campground directly.

I will try to update list as regularly as I can. Free time is a luxury of late and cannot guarantee it will be every day.

Price per night, 2 adults;
River front $32
Off River: $26
$8 per additional adult
$5 for children
Limit 4 people per site.
We can have 2 cars/vans per site.

The campground was pretty lax yeast year as far as the # of vans on a single site. The sites are pretty big. They were pretty stringent on the 4 people per site rule.......meaning that you could probably fit 3 buses and 6 people on 1 river site, but would need to get an off river site too. You can partner up with another if you want. The sites are "Yuge"

For those that want electric, there are electric sites still available, but he said they are starting to fill up, so you may want to call to get a spot close to group, please tell them you are with LEAKOIL, or mention my name (George Michael Ramsey) even if you do not camp in the primitive section. This will allow the campground to keep track of group, and hopefully the discount.

A rialta and a van can both park on same site. Either electric or primitive.

There is also a registration that needs to be filled out prior to check in.

This place has tons more activities than the last place, with lots to do for adults and kids alike. Most activities need to be booked ahead of time, so please take the time to visit their website, and see if there is an activity that interests you, then post back here. It would be nice to get a few groups together doing different activities.

We will continue the Friday night "wine and cheese" get together ( sorry Aaron, no planned ice cream social) There will also be the Saturday morning cruise (brought to you by the world famous tour guide Chuck Spence), we are planning on a potluck get together after the cruise. If the weather is warm, we may toss some tubes and a cooler in the river, tie off, and chill out.

This promises to be a good time, and this particular camp ground fills up fast, so please consider making reservations early to ensure you get a site. Look forward to seeing the regulars, and hope we can get some new faces to join in on the fun this year.

http://www.mohicanwilderness.com/index.‬

Check out the past year's event also

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4088‬

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3711

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4272
Last edited by Mike Kever Kombi on Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Respondents on river sites.

1. MKK
2. Chuck and the family Spence
3. Hippie Tim
4. The Big Easy
5. Brauren & Ricole
6. Kathy
Last edited by Mike Kever Kombi on Wed May 10, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I would like to reserve one of the remaining river front sites for Dan C., Reg and myself.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
ohiowesty

Post by ohiowesty »

I will take a river site also. Thanks
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ken wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:57 pm I would like to reserve one of the remaining river front sites for Dan C., Reg and myself.
Mike,
We decided to move our site to Homstead Farms area lot 101. Therefore you can reassign our Turkey Roost site to someone else.
Thanks, Ken
1963 Single Cab
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Marla

Post by Marla »

We heard a few questions at Basil's. So, in an attempt to clarify things I am posting up the following.

Here is a map of the Mohican Wilderness Campground. We will be camping in the Turkey Roost Area. (South end of Map)
Camp Map - Full.jpg

Below is an enlarged map of the Turkey Roost Area.

Camp Map - Turkey Roost.jpg
To reserve a River Site within the Turkey Roost Area (Sites #1 through 6) please post it here or PM Mike Ramsey.

Once those sites are full, or if you would rather not be on the River (Sites #8 - 20) Contact the campground directly and reserve a site through them.

Site # 7 (highlighted) is being reserved by LEAKOIL as the communal fire ring and gathering area.

If you want an electric site near the Turkey Roost Area, then contact the campground directly and reserve a site starting with Site #102. (#101 is already taken).

I hope this is helpful to everyone. This is a popular campground and we have had over 20 buses for this camp out in the past.You want to be sure to reserve a spot early.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Marla,
Thanks for the clarification, it really helps.
1963 Single Cab
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Frankinbus

Post by Frankinbus »

i will take a river site if one is still open. thanks, tim
65 11 window bus
2012 turbo beetle
1964 berry mini t buggy