Smittie's Campout

Lizzie76

Re: Smittie's Campout

Post by Lizzie76 »

:D next...
If she's amazing, she won't be easy...
If she's easy, she won't be amazing...
Well look at that...I must be the amazingest!
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

aerials from the barn....for those who missed it, when I opened the upstairs barn door to take the pics, the door almost fell off, it was hanging on by one screw....Dave was directly beneath us...I think it was Gail's fault :lol: ....just kidding Gail, it was Dave's fault :lol:
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

Aerials from upstairs of the house....and Gail, you better post yours cuz you had way more pix since my camera decided of course to take a dump THIS WEEKEND :x ! Yours will be better anyway, so DO IT! :D
Attachments
2009 086.jpg
2009 086.jpg (112.8 KiB) Viewed 1289 times
2009 085.jpg
2009 085.jpg (115.67 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
2009 084.jpg
2009 084.jpg (115.58 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

Six-Volt-I wish you'd have given me a call when you saw the detour, it was a so "not out of the way" detour. I am so sorry to you and anyone else that was inconvenienced by Rt. 83, south of Lorain Rd. road detours...I'm a loser :cry: I will be sharper next year :lol:

Once again, Thank you ALL, it was a great time. We will see you Thursday @ Basil's! :D
Last edited by Lizzie76 on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

DOPE!!!!!!!!! Gail, you were faster on the uptake, you were posting at the same time as me, and you got them in before me! Awesome...yours are definately better....
Ken

Post by Ken »

Dave and Smittie,
I had to leave early Sunday AM so I didn't get a chance to see you before I left so here's a big,big thanks for all your hard work, wonderful hospitality and sharing your beautiful property with us. I thought it is really cool that your children are the sixth generation to live on that land :D :D :D. Loved the old barns and vehicles.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
Howie

Post by Howie »

Ken wrote:Loved the old barns and vehicles.
Like this sweet 1950's trailer (All aluminum) in storage in the one shed. Check out that nice fat Orb in the upper right corner!
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
Crapatron

Post by Crapatron »

Its been said by many people posting here, but wanted to thank everyone for making Saturday such an enjoyable event. It was great to finally meet Dave and Smittie and to see first hand how beautiful their property was. On top of all the amenities provided they even had a Ping Pong table in the garage that was great entertainment for myself and others. I hope that we will be invited back next year!!!

For the Cornholers who discussed corn-hole terminology (Dan, Josh and Amanda perhaps others)........I found a few more that were interesting but perhaps not official that I thought I would share here. I believe that Amanda was guilty of a few Brutus Maxwell's. The Urban Sombrero was surprisingly not on the list.

"Bevy” / a throwing style that allows a player some advantage to “skip” up on to the platform without going into the hole. The technique is often implemented once a player reaches 19 points. The technique is demonstrated by pinching one corner of the bag and allowing all of the corn weight to rest in the bottom of the bag. The player then holds the bag by his side. Stepping forward the bag is lifted with a flicking motion. This motion creates a back spin that will often allow the bag to skip gently on to the playing field without advancing to the hole. More skilled players can use this technique throughout the game.

"Frisbee” / a throwing style that creates a horizontal spin on the bag like a frisbee. This style reduces the “wind factor” by creating a lower profile. In addition, the spin helps the bag corners grab the hole while passing over it.

"Cwa-cwa” / the term applied when a player goes over 21 and is penalized by going back to 15.

"Good Bag” / a complimentary term for someone who threw favorably.

"Glory Hole” / Dropping a bag into the hole without it hitting the board

"Rimmer” / When the bag goes around the rim of the hole and then drops in.

"Flipperooski” / When a team goes over 21, then the opposing team wins the match in the next 4 tosses.

"Brutus Maxwell” / Throwing the bag over the board without making any contact with the board.

"Alice” / Same result as a “Mary Ellen".

"Rim Job” / When the bag hits the edge of the hole and lands off the board.

"D.P.” / Two bags land in the hole by one knocking the other in.

"Corn Blocker” / A bag that lands right in front of the hole.

"Tip Nibbler” / A bag that barely lands on the front edge of the board. Also called a “Dingleberry” or “Tiddleywink"

"Reverse Cowgirl” / When one bag lands on top of the opposing teams bag.

"Paper Cutting” / Slowly beating your opponent one or two points at a time all the way to 21.

"The Lewinsky” / A bag that gets all lip and no hole.

"Shenanigans” / Any foul play such as stepping over the line, interference, distractions, or throwing out of turn.
Howie

Post by Howie »

I found the site where you copied that from, and another site which explains what an Alice/Mary Ellen is. That is where the bag hits the ground before it gets to the board, for anyone wondering. I'd post the terminology from the other site I found, but it is a bit racy, and not suitable for a family website like Leakoil. (It sounds like some twisted stuff that >I< would write) :lol:
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac