Vermillin Beach Market

wwebner

Vermillin Beach Market

Post by wwebner »

http://www.vermilionbeachmarket.com/info
https://www.facebook.com/vermilionbeachmarket/
http://www.guidetovintage.com/event/ver ... lion-ohio/

Leakoil has once again been invited to this event. We had a great time last year. Anne has given us great spots on the North side of Sherrod park overlooking the lake. Come on out and enjoy the event.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4696&start=20
Marla

Re: Vermillin Beach Market

Post by Marla »

We will be at the market on Sat Morning. The market opens at 9 AM so we will be there a little earlier to get set up. We will be selling hot dogs again this year. Anyone and everyone is welcome. A beautiful park on the lake, what a great way to spend a summer day.

We got a special mention on their Facebook page, so lets give them a true VW invasion! :D

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.p ... &width=500" width="500" height="764" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Just a note.
LEAKOIL MEMBERS are welcome to vend FROM YOUR BUS. If you have antiques vintage or repurposed items or craft items bring them out. this would include, vintage coolers and such.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

A very big thanks to Anne Naugle for again inviting us. It was a beautiful day.
Vermillion Beach Market.jpg
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

This was a really nice event. Six, count 'em SIX, split window buses showed, outnumbering any and all other VW models. Of course, they were all red or blue, but hey, usually its six green bay window westys. For the record, we did have a couple of those.

Anyway, you're probably wondering where are all my blurry pics? Wonder no more. The camera on my IPhone is kaput. Wasn't it always? :P

So you'll have to use your imagination for what follows. Josh and Brett, "The Rust to Ruin" brothers from another mother showed and even brought Josh's '73 Tradesman featuring 70's shag carpeting remnants in the rear door frames. Talk about keeping it original! That Dodge is the ultimate panel Van. They even walked off with a "Jusrsinski special." An old Coleman camp table with four stools. Regretably, they left behind the Yogi Bear comic books. :cry:

Marla, Pam and Bill had the hot dog "special" going big time. A dog, a water and a cookie for $3. I'm thinking about getting everyone who sells LEAKOIL hot dogs going forward some "Hot Dog on Stick" uniforms, but I realize I'm old and younger LEAKOILER's won't get the reference. I'll save them the google experience.
Unknown-5.jpeg
Unknown-5.jpeg (9.71 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Mr. Mrs. Karl Kombi, Joe and Jackie, had some cool wares they sold and Jackie, I'm told, was responsible for the cookies that really made the hot dog special "special." :D

The best part of the day was Dawn and I following Chuck in the bug after I made a wrong turn, and in effect, compelling him to caravan with me for about 600 yards! :evil:

Beyond that, on the way home, Brandon in his split and Dawn and I in our oval managed a few thumbs up on our way back to West Park. 8-)
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

Good time, great weather, even better cookies. The hot dogs really plugged me up today for some reason, I'll have to remember that next year. :shock:
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
abinder

Post by abinder »

Thanks everyone for coming out in your super cool buses. You really give this event a vintage summer vibe☮️ And thanks Bill for coordinating this event with LEAKOIL members. I think it’s a perfect partnership. Hope it was a profitable event for LEAKOIL and for vendors, too. Hope to see you back next year! I’ll catch up with everyone at the August Third Thursday in Vermilion☀️⚓️☀️
Marla

Post by Marla »

Thanks for having us Anne. It was a great day! The dogs did well and i think it is always worth it to hang out with friends. I was amazed at how much this event grew for just being in it's second year. Great job.

I have a few pics to share.
Attachments
IMG_2311.JPG
IMG_2310.JPG
IMG_2307.JPG
IMG_2305.JPG
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)