Oktoberfest 2018

wwebner

Octoberfest 2018

Post by wwebner »

LEAKOIL has once again been invited to take part in the 2018 Cleveland Octoberfest. This will be our 12th year.

LEAKOIL members should enter the grounds via Eastland Road where they will be directed to the VW entrance (Gate 1) and will gain FREE ADMISSION to the Oktoberfest! Non members will be directed to the public parking area and the "paid" admission gate.

Camping is free, though all who intend to camp MUST first register as members of LEAKOIL’s forum, as the forum registration list will effectively be the guest list for Volkswagon campers at the Cleveland Oktoberfest.

If for any reason, you are not on LEAKOIL’s list, you will not be admitted to camp at the event. This policy is non-negotiable and will be enforced by Oktoberfest staff.

http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/
wwebner

Re: Octoberfest 2018

Post by wwebner »

We will again,be displaying our busses in the education pavilion on Sunday evening at 7:30. We welcome anyone who wishes to participate. Immediately following is an awesome fireworks display.
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

I’ll be out Friday afternoon. Bringing some friends out from Athens Friday night. After the LEAKOIL presentation Sunday, the Eagles tribute band is playing.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry for not posting here earlier. We're doing a benefit Thursday evening for Rainbow Babies & Children's Hospital, so things have been a bit more hectic this year than usual. Look forward to seeing you all out at Oktoberfest. Most of you know the ropes by now, but if you have questions, don't hesitate to call me at 216-650-1665. I'll be sure we have firewood for you this year.... My apologies for the oversight last time around. Anyway, looking forward to sharing a brew or two with you all. See you soon! --Rich
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Many thanks Rich! I think everyone that has been in LEAKOIL over the past few years really appreciates the OKTOBERFEST hospitality. It's a great event and our lead into Kelly's Island. We really appreciate all you personally do for us. We also appreciate how you've managed to get the OKTOBERFEST Board to let us come back every year over the past 12 years. :D

For those LEAKOILER'S that haven't been to OKTOBERFEST, its a great event. We have free admission all three days, prime time parking and free camping. We have great access to the bathrooms and we're kind of our own attraction for all the fair-goers.

All we ask is that everyone behave themselves and keep watch over each other and those that pass our way. Hope to see everyone at some point over the weekend. :D
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

It would be nice if we could get a good turnout for Sunday nights educational forum.

For those who haven't been to OKTOBERFEST, in the past, LEAKOIL has always been invited (more like asked) to be a featured event in one of the barns on the Midway on Sunday night. This year is no exception. Our own Ken Kroll has been the organizer. Sometimes Ken features a particualr style of bus, but more recently he's had anyone who's present who wants to feature their bus, drive up and display it for about 45 minutes on the Midway.

It involves us lining up by our camp location around 7pm or so, then all of us driving up behind the food vendors to the Midway and into the education barn to feature our buses. The public really appreciates the up close and personal opportunity they get to check them out and talk to each of us about what its like to own a VW bus. Here are some pics Marla had from last year and a link to inside the barn from back in 2015.
IMG_1316.JPG
IMG_1316.JPG (162.99 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
IMG_1315.JPG
IMG_1315.JPG (187.38 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4160&start=10#p36120
Marla

Post by Marla »

The "parade" to the education barn where we display our buses seems to be a great crowd attraction. The fireworks afterwards make for a great evening too. My bus will be available if needed.

I will be there on Friday evening, I may stay the night. I will be back on Sunday and definitely stay the night. Its going to be a warm one, bring an extension cord for a fan. We have electric available at each of the poles, so people can share.

Thanks for the fire wood Rich! I am looking forward to seeing everyone.
Attachments
IMG_1330.JPG
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Karl Kombi

Post by Karl Kombi »

I can't wait! Marla, is there a "communal" camping site, or are there individual spots?
Marla

Post by Marla »

It's just an area that they leave open for us. Camp where ever you want within that area. It becomes a commune, similar to Mohican this year. It is next to the restrooms near the rear of the Fairgrounds. You will want to enter at the last gate off of Eastland Rd.
Capture1.JPG
Capture2.JPG
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Karl Kombi

Post by Karl Kombi »

Great! We'll be there Friday night as well... And of course Sunday. We're going to bring a another car with a BW parking tag so we can park it in the lot across from the ball field. That way, we can come and go without moving the bus.