Charlotte Transporter Show May 18th

abuspilot

Re: Charlotte Transporter Show May 18th

Post by abuspilot »

What was the average travel speed? Did everyone stick together on the way down? Just curious...
Marla

Post by Marla »

What an amazing trip. Glad everyone made it there and back without too much trouble.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
TRL

Post by TRL »

abuspilot wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 pm What was the average travel speed? Did everyone stick together on the way down? Just curious...
65 ish for the most part on flat ground. We normally convoy pretty tight but in the mountains the convoy can get a little spread out due to different buses and how they are set-up. We always regroup and keep the convoy together. Everyone finds a comfortable place in the line.
The Rick Lang
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

That's really impressive for a group of splits. That run from Charleston south through Beckley and onto I-81 is challenging even in a modern vehicle. To realize you guys pulled it off without major engine issues says you're all a bunch of superstar mechanics. I would have been pushing my rig and calling AAA back in Cambridge Ohio!
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

For the number of Buses and different setups, everyone kept up really well. Even the stock guys. I was really impressed with that. Usually we have at least one slow poke, but even then they're no more than 5-10min behind the leader. We stop to regroup at all the WVa toll booths, so that helps a bunch.

I was totally expecting something major to go wrong, but even the issues we had were hardly worth mentioning. Yes, that includes you, Fuelnando! Everyone nutted up and took the trip seriously. Which made for a nice smooth trip.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

bradhole.JPG
bradhole.JPG (123.9 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro