Octoberfest 2019 Aug. 30- Sept.2

wwebner

Octoberfest 2019 Aug. 30- Sept.2

Post by wwebner »

LEAKOIL is once again honored to be part of the annual Cleveland Octoberfest. This will be our 13th year.
Registered LEAKOIL member buses will be allowed free admission and camping for the weekend.
https://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/

Volkswagon Van Show Sunday 6PM

leakoil.net

Members of LEAKOIL (Lake Erie Kombi Owners Involvement League) will pull a van or two into the educational building and share information on the pedigree of the vans. The fact that so many VW buses are still running is a testament to impeccable quality of German engineering. It is also a testament to the VW bus’ place in American history that so many are so dedicated to keeping these wonders of the road in working order. They are mobile time capsules that drive us back to one of the most turbulent, yet also one of the most creative, eras our country’s history. Some may have parts held on with duct tape, or gaskets sealed with bubblegum, but still they run—and when all’s said and done, they’re just plain fun. …Like the vans they drive, their owners tend to be pretty colorful too.

LEAKOIL is a group dedicated to promoting and maintaining air-cooled VWs. The members own a wide variety of bay, split-window and vanagons, and will be camping at the Oktoberfest in the area of the car show. Camping is restricted to LEAKOIL members. Information on the VW Campout, and on obtaining membership in LEAKOIL, can be found on this page.
Six Volt

Re: Octoberfest 2019 Aug. 30- Sept.2

Post by Six Volt »

We're ONE week away from a great FREE event!

https://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com

For those who are LEAKOIL members and haven't yet been to Oktoberfest, come on out and enjoy the good times. :D

The images below show the area where LEAKOILER'S can enter FREE and Park and Camp for FREE . :D

Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (142.91 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (121.09 KiB) Viewed 2000 times
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Just a few notes:

LEAKOIL members should enter the grounds via Eastland Road where they will be directed to the VW entrance (Gate 1) and will gain FREE ADMISSION to the Oktoberfest! Non members will be directed to the public parking area and the "paid" admission gate.

Camping is free, though all who intend to camp MUST first register as members of LEAKOIL’s forum, as the forum registration list will effectively be the guest list for Volkswagon campers at the Cleveland Oktoberfest.

If for any reason, you are not on LEAKOIL’s list, you will not be admitted to camp at the event. This policy is non-negotiable and will be enforced by Oktoberfest staff.

1) When driving within Oktoberfest grounds, please do so at speeds typical for any parking lot. Do not drive recklessly, and do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) Given that you are camping, the Oktoberfest understands that you will likely bring food and beverages. As a matter of discretion, and out of respect to Oktoberfest and our paying sponsors, we request that any beverages consumed during festival hours be contained in plastic cups.
3) Absolutely no firearms are permitted, and general rules of fire safety must be adhered to, both in terms of managing your campfire and any potential hazards within the campsite.
4) All dogs must be on leashes.
5) LEAKOIL members are not permitted to sell food or beverages to Oktoberfest patrons during festival hours.
6) No drugs, other than those legal for general consumption in the state of Ohio or prescribed by a doctor, are permitted.
7) LEAKOIL members must remain in the campsite area and are not permitted to roam the grounds after festival hours.
8) Treat Oktoberfest patrons courteously.
9) Vandalism of any kind will result in arrest and/or immediate expulsion
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Bill already posted the basic rules of conduct above, so no need for me to repeat. Suffice to say that Oktoberfest looks forward to hosting your campout over Labor Day weekend. As mentioned, campers must be registered members of this board to attend, and must adhere to the rules outlined in Bill's post. Other than that, you all are welcome to camp Fri, Sat & Sun nights in the location designated for LEAKOIL camping on the map here: https://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/ab ... f-grounds/. More information on the campout can be found here: https://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/ex ... w-campout/. The scheduled time for your Educational Building talk/exhibit is 6pm on Sunday, and I'll be sure to be there to help shepherd to the building whatever buses you all decide to put on display. I'll also make sure that they order some firewood for you next week. If you have any questions between now and the event, feel free to email webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com and I'd be happy to answer. Look forward to seeing you all out at the 2019 Cleveland Oktoberfest!
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Many thanks to Rich Croft and Bob Haas from the Oktoberfest Board who have once again (13 years in a row) invited us back to one of the best and biggest cultural events in NE Ohio! :D And since Oktoberfest is German themed, and were a German bus club, the realtionship couldn't be more natural. :D

I wanted to remind everyone that Sunday evening is our "presentation" event. Ken Kroll is in charge of our presentation and always does a great job. As part of the whole German cultural experience of Oktoberfest, around 6pm or so, we drive a caravan of our buses up to the Educational Building and hang out for an hour or so while Oktoberfest attendees ask questions, look inside the buses and are generally awed buy what they see. Sometimes we even end up on local TV broadcasts! :lol:

Anyway, if there's only one night you can attend, make it Sunday, as we are followed by a really cool fireworks show.:D
Marla

Post by Marla »

I will up there Sat evening and Sunday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Karl Kombi

Post by Karl Kombi »

Marla wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:35 pm I will up there Sat evening and Sunday night. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
It'll be great to have you back for a couple of days! :D
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Berea weather looks like it will be cooperating. :D

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 4.02.15 PM.png
Marla

Post by Marla »

Unfortunately my weather is not looking as opportunistic. Its seems Dorian has other plans for me this weekend, so I won't be able to make it after all.

I see some of you have your buses all washed up for the presentation too (Brando)... :D

I hope you guys have a great time, be safe and enjoy the weekend.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Marla wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:22 am Unfortunately my weather is not looking as opportunistic. Its seems Dorian has other plans for me this weekend, so I won't be able to make it after all.

I see some of you have your buses all washed up for the presentation too (Brando)... :D

I hope you guys have a great time, be safe and enjoy the weekend.
Batten down the hatches! Stay safe! :D