Spring Cruise - May 23rd

Marla

Spring Cruise - May 23rd

Post by Marla »

It's official! We have decided to have a spring cruise on Sat. May 23rd (Memorial Day Weekend).

Keep the morning - afternoon free if you would like to join us on the cruise. This will be a little different from the spring cruises in the past. We are still working out the details as to where we will be going, the route we will take and where to start and finish the cruise. It's all in the works but we will post it this weekend once we have it ironed out.

Thank you all for your patience. I really hope to see you at the cruise. It will great to get out and see some friends.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Marla

Re: Spring Cruise - May 23rd

Post by Marla »

With the latest announcements from our Governor, we have decided to keep the Spring Cruise the same this year.

A trip through the Cleveland Metroparks ending at Slim and Chubby's restaurant in Strongsville for lunch. We’ll meet at Cleveland Metroparks Emerald Necklace Marina (set your GPS for 1500 Cleveland Metro Park Dr, Lakewood, OH 44107, or an alternate address is 18900 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, Ohio 44107, GPS Coordinates 41.478151, -81.831374) at 10 AM on Saturday. For those who are not familiar with the area, there's a big parking lot adjacent to the boat docks. If you're in the vicinity it's hard to miss, right at the bottom of the big hill in the parkway where it meets Detroit Rd. We will wait here while everyone arrives.

The 20 mile (approx.) cruise will end in Strongsville at Slim & Chubby's for lunch, 12492 Prospect Rd. Strongsville, 44149. We have verified that they will be open. They would like an approximate count of people so they can plan ahead. If you plan on staying for lunch then let us know by posting it here.

http://www.slimandchubbys.com/strongsville/
See you then!
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Six Volt is in! :D Looking forward to seeing everyone again! :D
Ken

Post by Ken »

Six Volt wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:46 am Six Volt is in! :D Looking forward to seeing everyone again! :D
Me and Carolyn too.
Last edited by Ken on Thu May 14, 2020 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Bill & Pam
Lysa

Post by Lysa »

I will be there.. Lysa and maybe one other ??
Last edited by Lysa on Wed May 20, 2020 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
78 VW bus 🚎
71 VW Westfalia 🚐
Dubbinalong

Post by Dubbinalong »

Looking forward to the event!
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

I'm in, with a +1 maybe.
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
brichard

Post by brichard »

We are plan on meeting up with everyone! Barry & Carol....
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Ok, let's step it up millennials. It seems us old folks in the coronavirus risk category are the only ones stepping up for the cruise so far! :D Are you just trying to kill us off with your ambivalence? :lol:

This reminds me of my youth and a pre-internet character named Miss Barbara from a TV show called Romper Room. Yes, I know, The Rick Lang is saying WHAT??? :?

Anyway, at the end of Romper Room Miss Barbara took out her Magic Mirror and looked into it and read out the names of kids she saw. I'm now doing the same. I know most of you are saying "What?"

Go to the 8:30 mark of this video and you'll get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tqC6Yn ... Nq&index=6

So I've got my Magic Mirror and "I see West Side Danny, The Rick Lang, Matt Keith, Josh and Natalie (they can drive my Oval) Brandon, Chuckhole, WideFive, Mark and jackie and a host of others.

Turn out for the cruise this Saturday. We will social distance and have a great time so start posting up! :D