Sunday, June 13, 2021 Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Festival

toolbox

Sunday, June 13, 2021 Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Festival

Post by toolbox »

Sunday, June 13, 2021

Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Festival

It is confirmed we will be at Briarwood Mall in Ann Arbor. 100 Briarwood Cir, Ann Arbor, MI 48108

Gates Open 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (rain or shine)

Non-Judged Car Show Celebrating ALL VOLKSWAGEN powered Vehicles – Originals, restorations, customs, race cars, drag cars, kit cars, dune buggies, trikes, ratrods, daily beaters…

Vehicle Registration of $15.00 at the gate will automatically pay dues for one year, either renewal or New Membership. Active paid member’s vehicle(s) will be admitted to the show for free. Walk-ins $5.00 at gate.

Swap Spaces $20.00 the day of the show! Swap Entrance will only be open 7:00 - 9:00 am.

Each Swap Space Size is 17 ft by 20 ft.

https://www.mvvc.net/festival/
Marla

Re: Sunday, June 13, 2021 Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Festival

Post by Marla »

This is great Ted! Thanks for the update.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Marla

Post by Marla »

Just a bump up on the list.

Don't forget this weekend.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

I'm taking my Taco pickup there, so if any NE Ohio LEAKOILERS need something hauled back, let me know. I gave away a lot of parts during the pandemic. Dawn was happy. Happiness extends only as far as the next swap meet.
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

Six Volt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:15 am I'm taking my Taco pickup there, so if any NE Ohio LEAKOILERS need something hauled back, let me know. I gave away a lot of parts during the pandemic. Dawn was happy. Happiness extends only as far as the next swap meet.
I'll be going up super early too...get ahold of me if anyone wants to ride up and sit in the swap
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Rainy drive up for the first hour, but it cleared up nicely. Biggest disappointment? Ted was a no show (at least when I was there.) He has young kids so I can't judge.

Biggest positive surprise? The Captain showed and was an active swapper. :D

They moved the show from Riverside Park in Yipsilanti to a Mega Mall (Briarwood?) in Ann Arbor. I know in years past there were flooding issues at Yipsilanti (at times) and I'm sure the MVVWC had other issues they had to deal with involving the Yipsilanti location prompting them to move the show to Ann Arbor.

First off, the show was very well organized. They had an area in the Mega Mall parking lot designated for the show/swap and it was fine as far as Mega Mall parking lots go. They had plenty of Porto-Potties and a Boy Scout troop was volunteering at all the entry points. They had the usual car show DJ spinning tunes. (I only wish Aaron would have been subjected to that ;) ) They had their swag booth set up for sales and they had a decent turnout by the time I left. The swap was a little dissapointing, but I sensed Michigan was about a week or two behind Ohio in coming out of COVID and that may have accounted for the low swap turnout.

All in all, I give positive feedback to the work of the Michigan Club. They pulled it off and it can only get better! God willing, I'll return next year.

Who said I take crappy pictures? :lol:
IMG_5952.jpg
IMG_5949.jpg
IMG_5955.jpg
IMG_5954.jpg
IMG_5953.jpg
IMG_5961.jpg
IMG_5960.jpg
IMG_5957.jpg
IMG_5956.jpg
IMG_5963.jpg
IMG_5962.jpg
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

Six Volt wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 10:48 pm Biggest disappointment? Ted was a no show (at least when I was there.) He has young kids so I can't judge.

Sorry Sean. I had a tub to install in the kids bathroom and that was the only day for a while that I could muster help. The truck made an excellant work platform.
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

I figured you were busy with a project. There's always Woodward! :D