Kelleys Island Photos 2011

admin
Site Admin

Kelleys Island Photos 2011

Post by admin »

Kelleys Island Campout

Thanks to everybody that made this years Kombis On Kelleys one of the best campouts in it's ten year history with the Erie County 4H Camp.

Even though the website will continue to be under construction for the months to come; we would like you to take this opportunity to upload your photos and comments.

THANK YOU!!
SlashKirk

Re: Kombis On Kelleys 2011 *Photos*

Post by SlashKirk »

Thanks to the crew of the 4H camp!
Attachments
Copy of 100_1620.JPG
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

IMG_1814.JPG
Lizzie76

Post by Lizzie76 »

I am so glad we get to post a little...HUGE THANK YOU to all of you who helped me make sure I got there...getting home got a little scary, but worth the trip...I loved seeing all of you and making the rounds. As usual, the food was spectacular and the company...well, it just doesn't get any better!!! Sorry, no pics this time :( ...battery in camera was dead...of course :lol: But I will have no problem remembering our great gorgeous weekend! Love you ALL...I haven't been this @ peace in a VERY long time...THANK YOU TO MY LEAKOIL FAMILY...and it helps to have Elijah kisses every now and then too! :D
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Another great KI event. Many thanks to Bill and Pam Webner for everything they did in making sure this event went on as originally planned. It was a fantastic weekend and a near record turnout. (I was told 66 buses). Many thanks to the OVT and Buses by the Beach folks who came out. Everyone had a really great time and the weather was obviously fantastic! So, lets go with some of the photos...

When you see this sign, you know the fun is about to begin...
IMG_3005.jpg
I think it was a "panel" theme this year...
IMG_2976.jpg
Carlos from Lorain brought Ken's '64 "Vegas" bus, (a former panel modified by Bowman and Son's into a camper) to the island.
IMG_2998.jpg
The paint and bodywork on this bus was nothing short of spectacular.
IMG_2996.jpg
Randy and Frank had a beachfront compound.
IMG_2990.jpg
Frank brought the OVT colors.
IMG_2992.jpg
It doesn't get better than this.
IMG_2988.jpg
This year, there was even some boating going on, LEAKOIL style.
IMG_3004.jpg
Hank and Sue made it up.
IMG_2982.jpg
Camp Cunningham.
IMG_2981.jpg
Gregg and I scored some primo parking, but no one made an offer on my bus. :lol:
IMG_3006.jpg
Kirk got the old panel next to Bill's shop running and brought it out for its maiden KI visit.
IMG_3064.jpg
It was an old telephone bus down in the Carolinas years ago. Kind of cool the phone company drove VW's.
IMG_3063.jpg
Up on town Chuck found a "LEAKOIL" dollar from the late 1990's he put up back in the day.
IMG_3049.jpg
Ted Chaney brought his '60 Mango bus up from Columbus. Puts mine to shame.
IMG_3036.jpg
Oh yea, my rig made it.
IMG_3062.jpg
The Cunninghams sponsored a "paint a bus" event for the kids. Came out great!
IMG_3011.jpg
Brett (Crapatron) really helped out this year. Thanks Brett! I think his wife and sister in law (Julie) had a good time too!
IMG_3024.jpg
Speaking of help, this guy (Matt) nailed it.
IMG_3023.jpg
This cake seems to show up every year! And it's gone every year too!
IMG_3031.jpg
Deadhead had the Halloween theme going big time.
IMG_3026.jpg

The potluck on Saturday was killer.
IMG_3030.jpg
The line got a little long. (I put a blurry one in for Chuck)
IMG_3027.jpg
Too much excitement!
IMG_3028.jpg
Packed house. (Another blurry one for Chuck)
IMG_3048.jpg
Saturday night.
IMG_3058.jpg
Attachments
IMG_3007.jpg
82camper

Post by 82camper »

Had a great time this year just wish we could have camped this time we should have the bus up and running in a week or so.
Attachments
100_1276.JPG
100_1284.JPG
100_1285.JPG
100_1288.JPG
100_1294.JPG
100_1295.JPG
100_1296.JPG
blue71

Post by blue71 »

Glad to hear there was excellent weather and a big turn out for the 10th anniversary!
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Thank-you lists get long. Thank you to all 170 or so of you who came and enjoyed this event with your families. In case you were not aware,on Sat. nite for our pot luck,the entire 4H staff went to town and left us entrusted with their facility. This is the ultimate return of respect for you and your respect and responsibility shown towards them and their facility. I saw people that I did not even get a chance to meet sweeping the floor of the mess hall and scrubbing their kitchen. Thank you all. Your words and acts of support are truly appreciated.
IMG_1817.JPG
There were a couple usual suspects I do know.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The turnout was great, the weather was spectacular. This K.I. had to be one of the best yet.
Heliconman

Post by Heliconman »

My family and I were happy to make this our first year to Kelly Island,

Thanks to everyone who helped us and tolerated our extremely vocal Dachshunds. I am not sure how to post pictures but I have a couple pictures of our bus and the source of all the barking at everything that moved. We had to leave early this morning because our little Violet was sick overnight. We think maybe the damp weather got to her a little and my Wife was worried because she had a severe case of pneumonia over the winter. We had a great time and we sorry we did not get to talk to and meet more people this year. Violet had a blast playing with all the other little girls that were there and many thanks to the other parents who took her in and let her hang out. She is an only child and loves to have other kids to play with.

We hope to make the trip again in the years ahead and thanks to everyone again that made this year possible. This was our only vacation this year and it was something we were looking forward to all year.

Thanks again Leakoil and hope to be there again next year,

James Raymo and family.