Kelleys Island 2010

Howie

Re: Kombis On Kelleys T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by Howie »

All you have to do is ask. Let them know what ya need.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
thumper

Re: Possible kid activity on Saturday

Post by thumper »

I've got prints of a bus and crayons for the the kids or adults can color the bus the way they want. and I'll have ghosts and pumpkin candy pieces they make a necklace out of had them last year in the hall friday night again this year to.
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

This is Melissa hijacking Ted's account.

To organize the trunk or treat, we just need to find out how many kids and the age range. Looks like the treats would need to be appropriate for 1 to 13 year olds, which puts you in the usual range of candy, crackers, cookies, fruit stuff, stickers..

As for timing, it may need to be before dinner to accommodate the littlest ones, who may be barely holding it together by dinner. We could have it end with a costume parade to the food hall, so even those preparing dinner can see the kids in all their glory.

We can also get crayons, stickers, markers and other art supplies at the dollar stores. Maybe a couple people can be on the look out for smaller pumpkins for the kids to decorate. Little kids would be best with markers/stickers, but if older ones want to do cravings with parents, I don't see why that wouldn't work.

Um.. anything else?

Side note.. is there a leakoil requirement that Howie post on every thread ever created? Does he some daily or monthly posting quota?
volks71folk

Post by volks71folk »

I will be bringing my 6 year old son , if you need me to bring anything please let me know
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

toolbox wrote:Side note.. is there a leakoil requirement that Howie post on every thread ever created? Does he some daily or monthly posting quota?
I believe the actual rule or requirement reads: "Howie shall author, initiate or start every thread on the LEAKOIL site and in turn shall respond to each and every post, on each and every thread, so created". :lol: Thus, "it's all Howie, all the time." ;)

Howie is like the prize in a Craker Jack Box. No one buys Cracker Jacks for the prize, but you get the prize nonetheless. :lol:

I must say, I'm not much better. So I also need to go on a "thread/post diet". :lol:
DEADHEAD

Post by DEADHEAD »

Why don't we all get involved and have a L.E.A.K.O.I.L. pre Halloween party?"C'mon you know that Halloween brings out the kid in all of us. Let's all have a Masquerade/ costume bash! Pumpkin carving contest, costume contest, THE WHOLE SHEBANG! Let's do this! :D
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll be a terrific WARNING!
82camper

Post by 82camper »

My son is all for this and anything you come up with we can get some pumkins if you would like and art supplies.
Ray
82 Camper
98 Jetta TDI
08 Rabbit
11 Honda Element
toolbox

Post by toolbox »

DEADHEAD wrote:Why don't we all get involved and have a L.E.A.K.O.I.L. pre Halloween party?"C'mon you know that Halloween brings out the kid in all of us. Let's all have a Masquerade/ costume bash! Pumpkin carving contest, costume contest, THE WHOLE SHEBANG! Let's do this! :D

Do whatever you like. Just don't go over the top with costumes that might traumatize the little ones, Howie is good enough at that.
wwebner

Re: Kombis On Kelleys T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by wwebner »

Once a shirt design is chosen. We will be doing a pre order for sizes OTHER THAN lg and Xl. We have had a hard time in the past "guessing" how many small,medium,2X and 3X shirts to buy.Those who wish one of these sizes please PM me and we can get a count of how many of those to print. We will try to keep the shirt prices at $10.00 ea.
Bill
Last edited by wwebner on Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheBigSpud

Post by TheBigSpud »

I'm thinking a vehicle washing contest for the kids would be good!! ;) :P
Pete
78 Westy 2.0L FI