Kelleys Island 2010

wwebner

Kelleys Island 2010 info

Post by wwebner »

Dates for this year's Kombi's on Kelleys Fri Oct.8 thru Sun. Oct.10
4H has maintained the same rates as last year as follows.
1 person in 1 bus $60.00
2 people in one bus $75.00
3 people in 1 bus $80.00 *

a pre-pay discount of $10.00 off the above rates for paid pre registration received by Oct.1,2010
Send pre payments to LEAKOIL P.O.Box 1347 Elyria,OH 44036 MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO ERIE COUNTY 4H
* 2 adults and any number of minor children would be charged the $80.00 rate.
* More than 3 adults in 1 bus will be charged additional $10.00 per adult. example 4 adults (18 & over) would be $90.00
Anyone arriving without a bus and NOT registered and paid with a registered camper will be considered a "walk up" by
4H and charged $40.00 for the weekend.

All of these rates are for Fri. 2:00PM thru Sun 3:PM and include breakfast on Sat. & Sun. morning,free ice and firewood.
Generally those who arrive AFTER breakfast on Sat. are charged 1/2 of the above rates.

Also single rates will apply to a family arriving in 2 buses. example you drive 1 bus,your wife drives your other bus
the rate would be the same as 2 people in 1 bus. Or you drive 1 bus with 1 child,your wife drives your other bus with 1
or more minor children, the rate would be $80.00 for the whole family. Or you drive 1 bus,your wife drives your other bus
with all the kids,the rate is $80.00

SURPRISE! The Ferry rates are the same as last year.
Adults $15.00 round trip NOTE: Senior discount (62 and older) is $14.00 round trip
Children $9.50 round trip (ages 5-11)
Vehicles $30.00 round trip
These are group rates and you must tell them that you are with the VW bus group
http://www.kelleysislandferry.com for departure times from Marblehead and return times from the Island on Sunday.
Be sure to check towards the end of Sept as the times may change for Fall.
There will be a pot luck dinner in the dinning hall Sat. evening. We have found that Crock pot meals work well
We do have use of a full commercial kitchen for those who would like.

LEAKOIL will also provide free hot dogs all day Fri and Sat. along with a large container of beverage for Fri.

Also a silent auction and raffle with drawings on Sun Morning after breakfast.Lots of goodies.
Daytime Visitors and guests are welcome. Saturday visitors are also welcome the the pot luck dinner on Sat. as there
is always plenty of food.

WATCH THIS TOPIC FOR UPDATES AND A PRINTABLE REGISTRATION FORM.
We ask that you use this form for pre pay registration and also use it even if you are not pre registering ,bring it with
filled out. This saves time at registration and makes it easier for the volunteers.

For pictures and other info check KI 2009 at this site and http://www.odinpowersailors.com/leakoil ... .php?t=775 for pictures of past Kombis on Kelleys Campouts.

Also,we will be having a raffle and silent auction again this year. Lots of goodies from Wolfsburg West,Westcoast Metric and Go Westy. If you have any items that you wish to donate let us know.
Last edited by wwebner on Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
vwrick69

Re: Kelleys Island 2010

Post by vwrick69 »

I'm puttin' in for my vaction first thing tomarrow!!
Howie

Post by Howie »

vwrick69 wrote:I'm puttin' in for my vaction first thing tomarrow!!
...I put in for this year's KI vacation back in January.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
DEADHEAD

Post by DEADHEAD »

Wow!That means only 51 days till the most awesome campout of the year! 8-) :D
Some people are like slinkies. Not good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll be a terrific WARNING!

Kombis On Kelleys T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by Moderator »

Well now that we have your attention!!

What would people think about having a friendly little competition to design the artwork for this years Kombis On Kelleys T-shirts?

The prize you ask? Nothing really, just the fact that your fellow VW enthusiasts chose your design :D

Submit your design within this thread and we'll start a poll to choose this years winner.

The only things to keep in mind are: To be bus, camping, club, or island related. Keep it simple and only use a couple colors (this keeps cost of printing down).

We know that many of you have those creative juices flowing inside, so send in your best Kelleys Island design today!

Deadline to turn in artwork will be 9/7/10 and poll will run to 9/17/10!!

ImageImageImage
Good Luck
Attachments
Copy of Big Kahuna 2.jpg
026.JPG
Howie

Re: T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by Howie »

I'd like to see a good all-around Club shirt with our logo. A black pocket-T with a small logo on the pocket, and a big logo on the back. It would print in 3 colors, white, orange & blue, and the black shirt color would make up the black part of the logo.

If we wanted to add "Kelleys Island 2010" in one of those 3 colors we could add that to the front of the shirt.
Howie
‎"...the ones in love with the night, they light up like a cigarette." -Jack Kerouac
vwrick69

Re: T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by vwrick69 »

I like it Howie, I would take 3 or 4. :D
wwebner

Kelleys Island 2010

Post by wwebner »

Here is the registration form. Just click on it and print it.Make checks payable to ERIE COUNTY 4H. Also see kelleys island 2010 inf.
scan0001.jpg,kireg (Large) (Large).jpg
Here's the Legal stuff. PLEASE READ, just click on it.
scan0001.jpg
Last edited by wwebner on Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SlashKirk

Re: Kombis On Kelleys T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by SlashKirk »

Hey Howie, here is your chance to create something new!
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Howie

Re: Kombis On Kelleys T-shirt Contest 2010

Post by Howie »

Captkirk wrote:Hey Howie, here is your chance to create something new!
I just finished the invitation. I'm only good for one miracle a year. 8-)
Howie