Kelleys Island 2014

Mbkeith74

Re: Kelleys Island 2014

Post by Mbkeith74 »

Hello guys. As Crapatron said I was going to see if people on the west side wanted to meet up at or around my place. I'm off I-480 around Clague exit. We could then make our way as a group to I-90 and travel towards kelleys. Let me know.
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

That weather forecast looks great. Cool but dry is always dooable. That said, I'm praying for inclement weather. The best times I've ever had at KI were when the weather wasn't great. See anyone you know? Here's 2005.
TRL

Post by TRL »

I love driving with lame baywindows. Name the time and place!
The Rick Lang
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Just a last minute update.

The check in tent will be located below the dinning hall. Stop there and sign in and get your super awesome goodie bag and your parking tag.
Should you arrive late on Friday and the check in tent is unattended, please just go set up and come to the tent in the morning.

Please obey the traffic laws as you drive up the peninsula. ESPECIALLY as you leave the ferry dock on Sunday. There is a white bar on the pavement as you exit the parking lot,STOP! at this bar before entering the road. Marblehead's finest have used this as an excuse in the past to pull buses over.

Also,4H has informed me that there is electric on the poles around the basketball court with only one of them NOT working,which they plan to repair this week end. Still,we ask that you do not use electric heaters.

See you on the Island
Frankinbus

Post by Frankinbus »

got these stickers from bus junkies web site. have 4 left, $ 2 bucks each. i'll be up saturday
Picture1009141948_1.jpg
the middle sticker
65 11 window bus
2012 turbo beetle
1964 berry mini t buggy
SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

We had another successful campout this year and we owe it to all of you who attended. Thanks for supporting this event with your continued tshirt purchases, auction donations, and volunteering.

I want to single out a few terrific people who stepped up this year (I'm sorry if is missed yours ;) )

Randy in the kitchen and the whole cleanup crew for after the potluck Saturday night!

Mike stuck it out all day Friday at registration and to all the others who helped out up there.

Dave and Denise kept the kids all busy Saturday with the tshirts and bus painting...another yearly tradition. Great job.

John spent the weekend collecting the 50/50 monies. $200 was the payout and was won by Bill from the 4h camp (drinks on him next year).

Chuck and his photo booth friends. It seems to be a big hit last couple years.

Craig provided us with most of our printed materials....shirts, cups, cozies, flashlights.

Plus many others which I forget right now, but Bill will remind me soon enough :lol:

We know that this is an expensive trip for everybody to make, but we appreciate your continued support.

Thanks again and see you all next year!!

PS....
We had at least two people break down on the way. Hope you can join us next time :cry:
Attachments
IMG_20141011_155132_488.jpg
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Kirk covered most of it :D . Again,A BIG THANKS TO Denise and David for the kids activities.
IMG_2366.JPG
IMG_2372.JPG
the KP crew who just jump in and get it done (that's The Rick Lang with his back to the camera :lol: )
IMG_2382.JPG
The Check in crew,who give up most of their day greeting everyone.
Everyone who donated to and participated in the silent auction and purchased raffle tickets. Since we are a club with no dues,this is the only way
that we raise the $ to keep this site and cover the expenses involved in operating.
and we can't forget Chuck and his hot dog machine and Gail who seems to be ever present to do whatever is needed :D
We hope everyone made it home safe.
See you next year October 9/10,11 2015
Bill
John

Post by John »

7 miles from home, had to ride the hog home and borrow a rig. more details later.
Attachments
k i 2014 002.JPG
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...