Art Brow

wwebner

Art Brow

Post by wwebner »

I am very sad to report that Art Brow passed away today. We will post information here as it becomes available.
Bill
21window

Re: Art Brow

Post by 21window »

My condolences to Dutch and family

RIP Art :(

SlashKirk

Post by SlashKirk »

Sorry to hear of his passing :cry:
1961 Swivel Seat Kombi
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

RIP Art Brow.

I really didn't know Art real close like some of you, but I got to know him a bit over the past couple years. He was always real nice and patient with me and my limited mechanical knowledge.

When Bill decided to sponsor an impromptive "toe in, toe out" seminar in his shop a couple years ago, Art was there. John Lupica brought his split bus over and several members were on hand while John, Mike Immorino, Bill, Aaron (Widefive) and Art jumped in and "set" John's front end. While everyone was working, I told Art about how I went to St. Ed's high school in Lakewood in the early '70's in a 1969 beetle. Art told me he worked at Lossman motors in Lakewood. With that I grabbed my I-phone and asked Art if he wouldn't mind me asking him a few questions on video. Art obliged. Admittedly, many of my questions are "weak" and the filming leaves a lot to be desired. But in any event, I think for an improptive, unplanned, unrehearsed and unprofessional interview, this at least captures a little of Art Brow for those that didn't know him. It was filmed on October 20, 2012.

And I must give special thanks to my son Fergus who saved this video. I stored it on an I-Mac in some strange format that no one else could view. Fergus spent the last week working through it to get it back into a usable format. He pulled it off, even if the LEAKOIL graphics are a little weak.

Anyway. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgqR9fsT ... tion=share
Alice

Post by Alice »

Great video! Thank you Sean! Good questions too. If you retire from "Judge", you've got a future in "interviews"!
I didn't know Art, but I've heard a lot about him from my son Greg. (21Window) Greg really respected him and his knowledge of cars. Art sounds like he was quite a guy and a great loss to the VW world!
My condolences to his family.
TRL

Post by TRL »

Wow, that is quite sad. Condolences...
The Rick Lang
WestsideDan

Post by WestsideDan »

I am really sad :( :( about Art Brow passing. I for one can say that I had the blessing to meet Art Brow, one day I stop by to help him finish a red bug for a costumer and work on his red Jetta that had the rear E-brake frozen and test a gray bug for him which I did after all was done I ask him if there was anything else? so he said to me, that's it Luis ! yes Art called me Luis. So he then ask me if there was anything he can do for me?, and I said YES! he then reply's what is it? and I say "now you can close the garage door and go to rest" which he then did. Man am I going to miss him, for myself Art was like a walking VW encyclopedia! when he spoke believe me I listened and I listened a lot. So on that note may god bless him and my sincere condolences to his family and (DON'T FORGET that belt is to Tight you need to lossen it "Art Brow")
Ken

Post by Ken »

Art Brow was a true gentleman and a treasure to the VW hobby and all the the people whose lives he touched.
Rest in peace my friend and my sincere condolences to his family and friends.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

There will be calling hours at the David G. Martens & Son funeral home on Thursday Jan.9,2014 from 7PM to 8:30 PM followed by an informal memorial service for Art at 8:30 PM. Dutch has requested No Flowers please.

David G. Martens & Son Funeral Home 4175 Rocky river Drive, Cleveland,OH. 44135.
http://www.davidmartensfh.com/fh/facili ... h_id=13498
Bill :(
lurch

Post by lurch »

So sorry to hear this.he was a great guy and a true legend. My thoughts are with you and his family .
the best ideas are often the worst choices.
vanagons
mopeds