KI 2017 Q&A

T-3

Re: KI 2017 Q&A

Post by T-3 »

Hello LEAKOIL,

I'm not sure if I can attend Friday through Sunday. I see the potluck is Saturday evening. Is there a schedule of events? What day is the auction?

Also, are we permitted to have campfires, in an elevated fire pit only?

Thank You.
Last edited by T-3 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marla

Post by Marla »

Generally it is a fairly loose schedule of events.

Breakfast is served Saturday and Sunday mornings by the 4H volunteers (free) starting around 8 AM. The Pot Luck is Saturday evening starting around 5:30 PM.

The silent auction items are displayed in the mess hall all weekend. Things get added as the weekend goes on, so you want to check it out on occasion. The silent auction ends at 9 AM on Sunday morning. All bidding closes and the highest bidder pays out at that time.

Yes, fires are allowed in raised pits only.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
Sara1972

Post by Sara1972 »

Is there electric for us to plug the buses in at the campsites?
Marla

Post by Marla »

There are a few locations where electricity is available, near the basketball court, pavilion and the grandstand at mid-field. They are very limited and are on a first come first serve basis. Generally speaking there is no electric available at the campsites. I would not count on or plan for electricity.
It's Marla with an " L"
marley16kristin

Post by marley16kristin »

Do many people bring their dogs?
1978 Bay "TOOTSIE"
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Dogs are welcome. We only ask that you be a responsible pet owner. Do not let your dog roam unattended and PLEASE pick up after your dog. In the past,4H has requested that dogs be kept on a leash.
Sara1972

Post by Sara1972 »

So are there raised fire pits at campsites or do you have to bring one with us? How do you stay warm?
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

There are no fire pits. 4H prohibits ground fires. You may bring raised fire pits. 4H in the past has been able to supply firewood,but you may want to bring some. As far as staying warm, electric heaters are not allowed due to very limited electricity,and the fact that a few campers
require electric for medical reasons. Electric heaters will trip the circuit breakers which are not readily accessible. We recommend "Heater Buddy" propane heaters if you think you may need heat. They are tent and van safe. There is a large fire ring on the beach for everyone's use.
If you are a first timer, we suggest you look thru viewforum.php?f=61 to get an idea of the facility.
heater buddy.jpg
Marla

Post by Marla »

Sara1972 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:08 am How do you stay warm?
Snuggle up. :D
It's Marla with an " L"
Mbkeith74

Post by Mbkeith74 »

Hello all. I just wanted to invite, as I have in the past, for any westsiders that would like to caravan up as a group. I have talked to a few people and seemed like some people were interested. Wanted to see if anyone else was interested. Any ideas about where or what time and also who would great. I'm located in fairview park and if anyone wanted too we could meet at my house. Let me know what you guys think.