Cleveland Octoberfest 2014

oktober

2014 Cleveland Oktoberfest

Post by oktober »

Labor Day is just under a month away. With that, I'd like to officially invite all LEAKOIL members to take part in the 2014 Cleveland Oktoberfest Air-Cooled VW bus Campout over Labor Day Weekend.

Camping is permitted FRI-SUN nights (Aug 29 - Aug 31). As with last year, camping is free, firewood will be provided, and bathrooms are available adjacent the camping area. Those wishing to participate in the Car Show, can register here: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/car_show.php For more info on the campout, visit: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/leakoil_vws.php

While we aren't particularly overbearing when it comes to regulating the activities of campers, the following rules must be adhered to. Failure to abide by these rules may result in immediate dismissal from the campout and the Oktoberfest grounds. Depending on the seriousness of the infraction, you may also be subject to a ban from all future Oktoberfests. Enforcing such a ban is solely at the discrection of LEAKOIL and the Cleveland Oktoberfest.
1) Drive safely. When driving within Oktoberfest grounds, please do so at speeds typical for any parking lot. Do not drive recklessly, and do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) Given that you are camping, the Oktoberfest understands that you will likely bring food and beverages with you. As a matter of discretion, and out of respect to both the Oktoberfest and our paying sponsors, during festival ours we request that any beverages you consume be contained in plastic cups.
3) Absolutely no firearms are permitted in the camping area, and general rules of fire safety must be adhered to, both in terms of managing your campfire and any other potential fire hazards within the campsite.
4) All dogs must be on leashes at all times.
5) Keep the campsite safe and clean. Do your best to remove any hazards to Oktoberfest patrons, and leave the campsite as you found it.
6) LEAKOIL members are not permitted to sell or otherwise dispense food or beverages to Oktoberfest patrons during festival hours.
7) No drugs, other than those legal for general consumption in the state of Ohio or prescribed by a doctor, are permitted.
8) LEAKOIL members must remain in the campsite area and are not permitted to roam about the grounds after festival hours.
9) Treat Oktoberfest patrons courteously.
10) Vandalism of any kind will result in arrest and/or immediate expulsion.
11) Failure to abide by any of these rules may result in a permanent ban from the Oktoberfest.
As for Bier Garten entertainment, the Oktoberfest will feature Stone Pony (Springsteen) and Escape (Journey) Fri night, Crazy Chester and the Spazmatics Sat night, Velvet Shake and Hotel California (Eagles) Sun night, and Night Fever (Bee Gees) Mon night. Other highlights include our Best Oktoberfest Microbrew Competition (feat. 22 breweries), International Beer Garden & Sausage Autobahn (New), the Hacker Pschorr VIP tent, Traditional Musik Tent, International Pavilion, Educational Building, Restaurant Row (feat. Der Braumesiter, 7 Roses, Balaton, Schmidt's of Columbus, and others), Children's Area (feat. inflatables, ginger bread house building workshops, hayrides, crafts, etc.), Bavarian Shopping Village, Live Glockenspiel, Vintage & Antique Car Show, Roving etnertainers, World Champion Sand Sculptor Carl Jara, and more! The Cleveland Oktoberfest is now presented by Paulaner--the most popular Oktoberfest beer at the Munich Oktoberfest. Hacker-Pschorr (another of only 6 breweries permitted to serve at Munich) will also be on hand. Festival hours are 4pm-midnight Fri, noon-midnight Sat & sun, and noon-8pm Mon. For details, visit: http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com.

Note: The area where you usually camp may serve dual purposes this year, either for parking or potentially another stage. Give so much, we request that you begin by lining up your vehicles along the fence near the restroom, and move outward in rows if necessary, taking care not to block the midway. I'll know for sure about this closer to the event, and will let Bill & Sean know one way or the other. Those wishing to leave Monday morning must do so before 10:30AM, or you'll have to wait until after the conclusion of our 5K Bier Run, which begins at 11AM.

If you have questions regarding the campout, or the Cleveland Oktoberfest in general, feel free to contact Rich Croft at 216-650-1665 or webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com

Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you out at the 2014 Cleveland Oktoberfest!
Last edited by oktober on Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rich Croft, Webmaster/Board Member
Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest
webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com
http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com
Six Volt

Re: 2014 Cleveland Oktoberfest

Post by Six Volt »

Many thanks to Rich for keeping this going. Our first year was 2007. Who remembers waking up to the swap meet that first morning? :? :lol:

Roll call. 2 weeks out. So who's going? Let's get it started.
Mike Kever Kombi

Post by Mike Kever Kombi »

Wouldn't miss it, and a BIG thanks to everyone behind the scenes that make this possible.
Mike

1961 Microbus

1971 Super Beetle (1302s)

1975 Westfalia

Sarcasm is just one of the many services I offer.

I like my water filtered through a bed of grains, cleansed by yeast, and preserved with hops.
Marla

Post by Marla »

I plan on staying Friday and Sat nights. It will be my first year there. I am looking forward to it.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Very much looking forward to this. :)
heyed67

Post by heyed67 »

Not going to make it for the whole event...hopefully I'll be able to at least pop in and say hi on my way east..hope you all have a great weekend...:-)
John

Post by John »

if I can find a leash( all dogs must be leashed) that is comfortable I will stop way out there in bum ville Egypt for a few, still have an issue wit the trans axle. out she comes one more time... :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil:
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
65Westy

Post by 65Westy »

Brenda and I will be up sometime during the weekend.
Craig

1963 Beetle
1972 Schnepp XL13 Formula Vee
1972 Caldwell D13 Formula Vee
1971 Super Beetle convertible
Ken

Post by Ken »

Always a good (make that great) event. Can't wait. :D :D
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
oktober

Post by oktober »

Hey all. Just wanted to give you a little update on O-Fest. We are going to be using part of that grassy area for VIP parking. Haven't sold many, and don't really expect to unless attendance is crazy and the lots fill, so shouldn't be a big deal. If you have a list of campers, forward it to me and I'll get it to the gate attendants. They'll let you in, then just line the buses up along the fence and move outward in rows, and we're all good. You firewood has been ordered, so you should be all set there. Oh, and sorry for all the rules in the event posting, but thought it wise to create some guidelines to protect both O-Fest and the camp out going forward. Most of the rules are pretty much common sense, but if you all take exception to any of them, just let me know, and we can work it out on a case by case basis. LEAKOIL is scheduled to give their presentation in the Educational Building on Sunday at 5pm. I'll try to snap some pics for the LEAKOIL archives. The weekend should be a good one, so can't wait to see you all out there. If you have any questions between now and the event, feel free to give me a ring at 216-650-1665 or shoot me an email at webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com.

Prosit,

Rich
Rich Croft, Webmaster/Board Member
Cleveland Labor Day Oktoberfest
webmaster@clevelandoktoberfest.com
http://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com