Charlotte Transporter Show May 18th

WideFive

Charlotte Transporter Show May 18th

Post by WideFive »

Well, I got a loose confirmation that an upper crust LO member and his side kick will be traveling South with the cool kids to CTS this year. So figured I'd post about it to let people know.

We gather at Brad's house Thursday night. Don't worry Rick! There's plenty of room out front for a trailer. Friday morning early we hit the road. MonkeyNut Party Friday night, CTS Saturday, Farmington Sunday. We hit the road Sunday around noon after fully pillaging the swap. I'm usually home by 10:00pm.

This is our 10th year making the trip, so we've got it down pretty well. Figure on becoming a regular at SHEETZ and having the realization that you actually can hammer down miles at speed in a Bus.

There will be blood, there will be tears, there will be broken Buses that get fixed. You will laugh, you will get annoyed, you will get picked on, I'm sure there's some good stuff too but I can't think of anything right now :lol:

If you're up for it, holla at your boy and I'll keep you in the loop.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Six Volt

Re: Charlotte Transporter Show May 18th

Post by Six Volt »

If I leave tomorrow I think I can get there by noon on May 18th.
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

I couldn't afford to renew my AAAPlus membership and I'm hoping business picks up before CTS so I wont have to borrow the money for the weekend, but other than that I might should be in maybe.
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
Marla

Post by Marla »

I might come up from south end. Unfortunately not in my bus, but I might take the trip in the FJ and meet some of you there.
It's Marla with an " L"
(My list of assets is just too long...)
TRL

Post by TRL »

Looking forward to it!
The Rick Lang
Don from Canton

Post by Don from Canton »

Is your route south via I-77 in case someone from the Akron/Canton area might want to join the convoy?
Don

Post by WideFive »

We leave from Huntington Fri morning, so 64 over to 77 Home is right up 77 from Farmington.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
Dual Port

Post by Dual Port »

My third time to CTS, once again a great trip and great weather. Friday night is a gathering at Monkeynut, clean shop, good food and a place for everyone to camp, there were 9 Leakoilers in their busses this year. I drove my Toyota because I don't think I could endure a splitty for that long. They're built for people much shorter than me.
P5170005.JPG
I've seen this trailer discussed on Samba but never saw one in person before. The bed thing slides around to accommodate corners.
P5170006.JPG
P5170008.JPG
P5170015.JPG
P5170016.JPG
P5170018.JPG
Saturday is CTS at a beautiful historic home on a large property near Charlotte. Small swap, plenty of busses. Lots of shade which is a good thing in the 90+ heat.
P5180020.JPG
P5180023.JPG
Sunday is Farmington which is a big VW only swap, car show and drag racing. It seems like they pushed the drag racing back a few hours this year, I asked at the snack bar and they said about noon, right after church services. You know you're in the bible belt when they hold services at the drag strip! :D
20190519_095817.jpg
Bruce Amacker
'66 Deluxe Bus
'65 Standard Bus
TRL

Post by TRL »

9 Ohio split window buses made the trek down to the show. A big congrats to Craig, Kirk, and Fernando for making the trip for the first time! Besides a few minor issues we thankfully had no major breakdowns. We put down some miles, had some good laughs, and made some great memories!
Attachments
Set up at Brad’s house
Set up at Brad’s house
Craig and Kirk
Craig and Kirk
Fuel stop
Fuel stop
CTS 16
CTS 16
Binz
Binz
CTS 16
CTS 16
CTS 16
CTS 16
Widefive Angel
Widefive Angel
Brad’s bad tire
Brad’s bad tire
Brad swapping a tire
Brad swapping a tire
Bob Cooker’s turbo drag bus
Bob Cooker’s turbo drag bus
Rolling through WV
Rolling through WV
The Rick Lang
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Great pics! That's a hell of a garage in South Point!