Jim Hemphling

wwebner

Jim Hemphling

Post by wwebner »

With sadness, one of my oldest VW friends and early LEAKOIL supporter past on Tue evening. Jim and his son Pete were regulars, vending at VW swap meets for many years. Although Jim sold his beautiful 71 Westy a few years ago, he still drove his 71 VW convertible often. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family.

This is Jim supervising Dan and Rick as they master the Autostick
autostick.jpg
autostick.jpg (37.72 KiB) Viewed 1865 times
Six Volt

Re: Jim Hemphling

Post by Six Volt »

RIP Jim. Great guy to talk with. His son Pete was always nice on Tune up Day. Here's Jim (left) at Bill's old shop. I'm sure I have more pics somewhere.
DSC02869.jpg
WideFive

Post by WideFive »

Oh man, sad news. Jim was such a genuinely good dude. Always enjoyed seeing him and Pete at shows over the years.
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."
TRL

Post by TRL »

I was sad to hear this. Jim was a good guy.
The Rick Lang
Ken

Post by Ken »

Jim was the guy who first introduced me to LEAKOIL. I met him at a swap meet at J. R. Fall Ford in Elyria,he was selling VW parts. This was probably in the early to mid 1990' s. I told him I had a 63 Single Cab that was originally my dad's and has been stored in his garage for about 15-20 years, and I would like to get it back on the road. Jim proceeded to tell me about LEAKOIL and some guy named Bill Webner. The rest as they say is history. May you rest in peace Jim and my condolences go out to your family.
1963 Single Cab
1964 Bowman & Sons Camper (Vegas Bus)
1966 Westy S0-42 Hardtop
1967 Westy SO-42 Pop Top
1968 Single Cab
John

Post by John »

Only met Jim a few times, The conversation was always intelligent and entertaining.
Never asked for a motorcycle...
Mopar's Rock...
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Grave side service will be held at St. Mary's cemetery, Rt. 57 Grafton ,Ohio.at 2PM Friday June 19. The family would appreciate Jim's VW friends who are able, to drive their VWs.
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Volkswagen friends to meet at Laubenthal funeral home, corner of RT.57 and Chestnut ridge RD.
Elyria, at 1:15PM for short (aprox 4mi) procession to the cemetary.