Widefive's Camp and Swap 2020

Six Volt

Widefive's Camp and Swap 2020

Post by Six Volt »

With the cancellation of the Columbus show, Aaron (Widefive) and some of his co-horts put together an event in Lancaster, Ohio. Lancaster is on Rt. 33 about 1/2 way between Columbus and Athens about 35 minutes SE of Columbus. Lancaster is a really cool old town that was the birthplace of General Sherman of 'March to the Sea' fame. Aaron's buddy Mike (who a lot of you would remember from the Columbus show) was able to secure a really cool campsite on Fair Street in Lancaster. Mike told me it was owned by a Methodist Church that had a former Methodist community dating back to the 1850's adjacent to it. These grounds were awesome with nice grass, great shade trees, bathrooms, showers and even a pavillion. Really nice.

So on my way to and from Athens, I decided to check it out. It did not disappoint. Really great time. I even included a pic of one of the old Methodist houses. Brad was hoping for blurry pics, but I've upped my game.

Aaron was really dissapointed that no Vanagons showed, but hey, maybe next time! :P

There was one guy there hoping for a Synchro, but it never appeared. :(
IMG_5068.jpg
IMG_5069.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg
IMG_5073.jpg
IMG_5074.jpg
IMG_5075.jpg
IMG_5076.jpg
IMG_5077.jpg
IMG_5078.jpg
IMG_5079.jpg
IMG_5080.jpg
IMG_5081.jpg
IMG_5082.jpg
IMG_5083.jpg
WideFive

Re: Widefive's Camp and Swap 2020

Post by WideFive »

Great pictures! Really good to see you again, Sean!

For throwing this thing together two weeks before the event, it was definitely a success! Although Wide Five, LLC had nothing to do with anything :D

Great to see everyone!
"There is no restoration process that can give a car legitimacy equal to originality."