2021 cleveland oktoberfest campout

sodiepopkid

2021 cleveland oktoberfest campout

Post by sodiepopkid »

just wondering if there is any news about leakoil camping out at cleveland oktoberfest this year
Six Volt

Re: 2021 cleveland oktoberfest campout

Post by Six Volt »

As soon as I hear back from our Oktoberfest contact, I'll report back and post something.
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

Yes, I've checked with the Oktoberfest directors and LEAKOIL is back at Oktoberfest for our 15th year (16th if we count COVID)! :D Oktoberfest dates are Friday Sept 3 - Monday Sept 6th. There's also a second two-day weekend as a bonus on Friday September 10th and Saturday September 11th. (That will make up for the missed 2020 :lol:)

https://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com

LEAKOIL is on the Oktoberfest site:

https://www.clevelandoktoberfest.com/ex ... w-campout/

Properly registed members of LEAKOIL get free admission to Oktoberfest (Friday, Saturday Sunday and Monday from the 3rd to the 6th) by arriving in a VW (buses or air-cooled preferred) and indiciating their name at the most southern gate off Eastland ave. (See below for details and prior event links for maps).

Only LEAKOIL members are allowed in with free admission. Make sure your memebership is active as a list will be at the gate for reveiw by Oktoberfest officials.

We will do our annual bus parade and presentation on Sunday September 5th at 6pm. Alsways a good time and the public loves checking out the buses.

LEAKOIL members should enter the grounds via Eastland Road where they will be directed to the VW entrance (Gate 1) and will gain FREE ADMISSION to the Oktoberfest! Non members will be directed to the public parking area and the "paid" admission gate.

Camping is free, though all who intend to camp MUST first register as members of LEAKOIL’s forum, as the forum registration list will effectively be the guest list for Volkswagon campers at the Cleveland Oktoberfest.

If for any reason, you are not on LEAKOIL’s list, you will not be admitted to camp at the event. This policy is non-negotiable and will be enforced by Oktoberfest staff.

1) When driving within Oktoberfest grounds, please do so at speeds typical for any parking lot. Do not drive recklessly, and do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
2) Given that you are camping, the Oktoberfest understands that you will likely bring food and beverages. As a matter of discretion, and out of respect to Oktoberfest and our paying sponsors, we request that any beverages consumed during festival hours be contained in plastic cups.
3) Absolutely no firearms are permitted, and general rules of fire safety must be adhered to, both in terms of managing your campfire and any potential hazards within the campsite.
4) All dogs must be on leashes.
5) LEAKOIL members are not permitted to sell food or beverages to Oktoberfest patrons during festival hours.
6) No drugs, other than those legal for general consumption in the state of Ohio or prescribed by a doctor, are permitted.
7) LEAKOIL members must remain in the campsite area and are not permitted to roam the grounds after festival hours.
8) Treat Oktoberfest patrons courteously.
9) Vandalism of any kind will result in arrest and/or immediate expulsion.

Here are links to past Oktoberfest events so those who haven't attended can get a sense of what a great event this is!

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 3&start=10

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4917

http://www.leakoil.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=10
RollDogArea

Post by RollDogArea »

This post does not specifically say whether the campout/admission applies for the 2nd weekend of the fest. Does it?

Also, just to be clear, non-air-cooled busses (like my 2003 Eurovan T4 MV) are also welcome?

Thanks!
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

RollDogArea wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:51 am This post does not specifically say whether the campout/admission applies for the 2nd weekend of the fest. Does it?

Also, just to be clear, non-air-cooled busses (like my 2003 Eurovan T4 MV) are also welcome?

Thanks!
All busses are welcome. You may even see my rialta.
Six Volt

Post by Six Volt »

RollDogArea wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:51 am This post does not specifically say whether the campout/admission applies for the 2nd weekend of the fest. Does it?

Thanks!
And yes, we're approved for both weekends. Just make sure you're a registrered LEAKOIL member. SInce you posted here, you are!
RollDogArea

Post by RollDogArea »

Excellent! I am looking forward to seeing your Rialta! :)
ChronicTiger

Post by ChronicTiger »

Hi,

How many camping spots are there? I am planning on arriving Sunday morning, will there be a spot available?

Thanks!
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

There are no "camping spots". There is an area set aside for us. If you scroll down on this topic, you can see the arranement.viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5073&start=10
ChronicTiger

Post by ChronicTiger »

wwebner wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:54 am There are no "camping spots". There is an area set aside for us. If you scroll down on this topic, you can see the arranement.viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5073&start=10
Thanks!