November Campout 2022

Dan

November Campout 2022

Post by Dan »

Formerly known as the PIB Campout, but that campground is closed for this year.
Some say go there anyway, but that talk is 'all hat no cattle.' ;)

I'm working on a plan for a northern Ohio beach spot and will get back soon.
In the meantime please indicate if you plan to attend the Nov Campout regardless of where it may be.
Thanks.
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy
sweeth20007

Re: November Campout 2022

Post by sweeth20007 »

I would potentially be interested as long as I’m in town and there are mo medical emergencies in my family.
Mike Noble
Dan

Post by Dan »

OK, gang, here's the plan for the 2022 Fall LEAKOIL campout:

Firefly Beach in Mitiwanga. https://www.fireflybeach.com/ 4903 Cleveland Rd. East, Huron, OH.
Site map: https://www.fireflybeach.com/site-plan/
Directions: https://www.fireflybeach.com/how-to-find-us

You may remember the place form our LEAKOIL campout there when Frankie Starr (guitar) played at the Erie Kai bar on the property, 9-15-12.

The bar is now closed, but the Patio Tavern is a couple hundred feet down the road from Firefly.

We'll have full access to the huge sandy beach, large central grassy area surrounded by big/old trees, big firepit, large pavilion so the party can continue if it rains, a bathouse (a real toilet, sink, and shower) where they will leave the water on for us! (We're not used to that amenity.)
Cost is $35 per vehicle per night.

The few rules: no fires or dogs on the beach, and If it rains the day before they won't allow parking on the grass, but we can park in the gravel parking lot and still use the full property.

I and some others will be there for both Fri and Sat nights, but staying one night is fine. If you stay two nights the fee drops to $50.

So, arrive any time Fri or Sat, Nov 4 or 5. Slip me $35 or $50 per vehicle and we are all set for this year's campout.
(all money goes to the new Firefly owner) If all goes well and the turnout is good, the price can drop next year if we want to return.

Hope to see y'all there. This is a coed event.
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

Electric or Primitive?
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
Dan

Post by Dan »

No electric, just like real camping. :D
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy
wwebner

Post by wwebner »

Are you sure there is no electric? When we had our Leskoil campout there, there were several actual hook up sites. And there was electric at the pavilion for Smitty's wedding.
CraigOnTheBoat

Post by CraigOnTheBoat »

No Electric = Your No Friend of Man
64 Campmobile
87 Syncro
Dan

Post by Dan »

I will check about electric. Out of country now so may be late in getting answer.
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy
Dan

Post by Dan »

OK, so I tried, but the new owner is concerned about power overloads as their electric 'grid' is old and tired. She is updating it this fall, so sorry, but no electric.
But running cold and hot water and a real flush toilet unlike our usual PIB outings.

Then I tried for discount, but no dice.

Nice location, on one of the biggest private beaches on the north coast. But if you don't show you won't be ridiculed;)
If you do show, it is $35 per vehicle for one nite, $50 for two nites. (no ferry fees)
Fri/Sat, Nov 4 & 5, Firefly Beach, Mitiwanga. See links above.
Dan

not 'young dan'
'71 Westy
brichard

Post by brichard »

Dan, what weekend in November are we looking at? -Barry