Pumpkin the 1977 Westy

TRL
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Pumpkin the 1977 Westy

Post by TRL »

Electricity time!

I’ve been looking to getting some batteries for a little off grid power. I’m slowly making this bus into a good weekend rig. Just hop in and getaway.

I chose to use Renogy products. 2- 100 AH Core Mini Lithium batteries. These batteries are small and lightweight. Renogy’s 30 amp DC-DC charge controller with MPPT(solar charger) to charge from engine’s alternator or from solar panels. I have a bluetooth adapter so I can see battery capacity and charge levels.

I plan to refine the packaging in the future. Everything works and is safely fused.

I also got the Gowesty gasoline heater installed into the Westy’s spare tire compartment behind the drivers seat. Just plumb it into the bus’s fuel line. No diesel fuel and separate tanks to
haul around. Built a simple shelf to cover it up and still have some storage. The Gowesty heater also came with an ashtray delete mount for the heater controller.
Excited to have some power and heat on KI !!
Attachments
IMG_0447.jpeg
IMG_0456.jpeg
IMG_0452.jpeg
IMG_0454.jpeg
The Rick Lang
User avatar
Rob
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:20 am
Contact:

Re: Pumpkin the 1977 Westy

Post by Rob »

Nice install.
1967 Beetle "Little Tud"
1968 Black Double Cab "The Black Pearl"
1970 Lotus White Single Cab "Big Tud"
1976 Sage Green Westfalia "Sweet Pickle"

They gotta' have names!
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests